Early College Program

The Early College Program is for high school students who benefit from taking college courses on the SUNY Broome campus, before graduating from high school. This program is typically for seniors and juniors who are at least 16 years of age, and have maintained a high school course average of 80 or higher related to the college course they seek instruction at SUNY Broome Community College.

Applications can be found below. Please note: Early College students are NOT eligible for financial aid.

The Fast Forward/Early College Center will review and process the applicant’s transcript and application (P: 607-778-5619, F: 778-5345).

Students will be sent a required Certificate of Residency form which must be completed on time to avoid double tuition charges. Questions regarding tuition payment and residency certificate should be directed to Student Accounts (P: 607-778-5230, F: 607-778-5536).

Students approved for and taking six credits or more will need to submit immunization records to the Student Health Services Office (P: 607-778-5181, F: 607-778-5530)


FAQ/Other Helpful Links:

Spring 2014 Early College Student Info Sheet

  • What if I change my mind about a class? If a student wishes to drop a class, they must complete a Drop Form and have it signed by Katie Bucci, Early College Advisor (AT-201).  Student must also adhere to the Refund Policy
  • How much does Early College cost? Do I qualify for Financial Aid? No.  Early College students pay BCC's regular tuition rate.
  • Do I have to take a placement test? The Early College advisor will work with you to determine whether or not you need a placement test.  Typically, students wishing to take math and English courses do take the Placement Assessment.
  • How do I find out which book I need for my course? You may click on the Title of the course in the Class Schedule Listing for textbook information.  You may also find textbook information for each course on the BCC Bookstore website.
  • Where do I park on campus? Please visit the Public Safety site for more information and for the Student Parking Registration Instructions.  If you are not parking a vehicle on campus during the semester, you may apply for a refund through the end of the third week of classes.
  • How can I obtain a BCC Student ID? Please check MyCollege or the BCC Calendar of Events for ID Card hours.  ID cards are done in the Office of Public Safety, SS-107A, 778-5083.
  • Students will receive a letter via postal mail from our Information Technology Services office within a few weeks of registration.  Please log in to your MyCollege computer account and verify your student information.
  • BCC's Academic Calendar shows important dates and holiday breaks.
  • Sign up for NY-Alert to receive immediate notifications regarding on-campus emergencies and closings.  Use your campus username and password.

Fast Forward VS Early College

Trying to figure out which one is right for you? Compare them here!

What's the Difference? Fast Forward versus Early College

Online Catalog

Learn more about SUNY Broome's Degrees and Certificates.
Online Catalog