Explore Cost:


Explore Aid and
Scholarship Options:


Learn More:


Connect with Our Teams:


Student Accounts

The Student Accounts Office will serve and assist you through financial issues related to residency status, tuition, fees, financial aid disbursements or loan disbursements. If you have any questions regarding your tuition bill and related charges, please contact us and we will do our best to clarify them.

In the interest of protecting your privacy (and under federal law), we will ask for picture identification whenever we are answering a question about or imparting personal financial information contained on your account.

What does the Student Accounts Office do?

The student Accounts Office is responsible for Tuition Bills, payment of tuition bills, residency certificates, financial aid disbursements, refunds, and the collection of delinquent accounts.
How do I view my bill online?

  • Log into MyCollege.sunybroome.edu
  • Click on the student tab
  • Click on Student & Financial Aid
  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Account Detail for Term
  • Select the term and click ‘submit’

Why do I have to turn in a residency certificate?

BCC (and all other NYS Community Colleges) is a county sponsored institution (NYS Education Law Article 126).  This means that the cost of your education is funded in three parts:

    • Tuition paid by the student
    • State Aid
    • County Sponsorship

The certificate of residency is the method established by New York State for the college to bill counties.  Think of the certificate like a coupon.  Without the certificate you pay more in tuition but you save when you turn it in!
Without a certificate the county will not pay its portion of your education costs and it remains your financial responsibility.  While there are other documents that demonstrate you are a resident, the certificate is the ONLY document that will permit you to benefit from in state tuition rates. 
For additional information about residency requirements, as well as applications and instructions for specific counties, click here.

Do I have to submit a residency certificate every semester?

Typically a certificate is required once each academic year.  So if you submit a certificate for the fall semester you will not be required to submit one until the following fall.  Sometimes a county will issue a certificate for one semester only.  Each county handles certificates in its own way so if you are in doubt it is best to ask. 

If I drop classes will I still receive financial aid?

Dropping classes or not attending classes will impact your financial aid.  You should consult your advisor and/or financial aid if you are considering dropping a class. 

Why didn’t I get all my money back when I dropped my classes?

A full refund is available only before the start of the semester.  You can drop your classes online BEFORE the semester begins. 
Once the semester starts, to be eligible for a refund you must officially withdraw from your classes.  This means completing a written withdrawal in the Registrar’s Office.
After the semester begins, fees are no longer refundable and tuition is refunded according to the NYS Community College Refund policy which you can view by clicking here.

If a student doesn’t attend 1 class, why do they still owe?

Non-attendance does not alleviate your financial obligation.  You must officially withdraw from classes PRIOR to the start of the semester in order to avoid owing money to the College. 

I have a balance and I don’t know why.  What should I do? 

If you have a balance, communication is the best plan!  Contact the Student Accounts Office to review your account and set up a payment plan.  When students fail to contact us and work out a payment arrangement the account is referred to an outside collection agency and collection costs are incurred.  

Why can’t Student Accounts give everyone/anyone info on the phone/or in person without ID-even if they have the students SS#?

Federal Privacy Laws prevent us from sharing detailed information when we cannot document that we are speaking to the student.