CRIMINAL OR VIOLENT BEHAVIOR
- Be alert to and report suspicious situations or persons and criminal activity to Public Safety.
- Be prepared to provide the following information:
• Nature of the incident
• Location of the incident
• Description of the person(s) involved
• Description of the property involved
Avoiding violent situations
- Inform Public Safety about any individuals deemed to be threatening or dangerous.
- Eliminate opportunities for violence by:
• Knowing your escape route
• Placing a barrier between yourself and the aggressor
• Using effective people / communication skills
• Having a second person with you.
Reacting to violent situations:
- Maintain eye contact and a positive posture to send out positive signals
- Do not touch or approach a person who may become violent
- Keep the person talking as you maintain a controlled, calm demeanor.
- Show concern yet maintain a safe distance; avoid being alone with the person.
- Call Public Safety or have someone else call.