In order to receive appropriate and effective services and accommodations, students registering with the Student Support Services office must provide disability documentation from your care provider. From this documentation, the SSS office can determine your entitlement to services and accommodations. Once this determination is made, you simply need to request them in the SSS office in order to access your accommodations.
Your care provider should provide documentation that includes as many of the following criteria as possible:
- be conducted by a qualified professional and include the evaluator's name, title, credentials, license number, signature and date of evaluation on letterhead.
- include a diagnostic statement identifying the disability and date of the original diagnosis.
- include a description of the diagnostic criteria and/or diagnostic test(s) used.
- include a description of the current functional limitations of the disability in an academic environment.
- include medication (dosage and existing side effects), assistive devices/services, treatments currently prescribed or in use.
- include a description of the expected progression or stability of the impact of the disability over time.
- include recommendations for accommodations, adaptive devices, assistive services, compensatory strategies to compensate for the functional limitations.
For more detailed guidelines, click the links below:
For further clarification, call (607) 778-5150.