Ecuador is an important site for a study abroad program. Located on the Pacific Ocean, this beautiful Andean country contains all the ingredients necessary for students to gain an authentic Latin American perspective:
- Variety geography- coastal plain, mountains, jungles, and the Galapagos Islands
- Ethnic diversity- Mestizo, Blacks, Spanish, and other 40 different indigenous ethnic groups
- Active democracy- several political parties represent the many different regions of Ecuador
- Diverse ecology- about ¼ of the world's bio-diversity lives in Ecuador's tropical cloud forest, lowland tropical rainforest, mangrove swamps, dry tropical forest, the salty coastlines of the Pacific Ocean, the cool highlands of the Andes Mountains, and the famous Galapagos Islands.
- Central Location- on the Ecuador allows easy access to other Andean countries
Please click here to view and download the SUNY Broome Ecuador brochure
SUNY Broome Ecuador Brochure