| || |
Emergency Medical Technology (EMT)/Paramedic: A.A.S.
- Graduates are prepared for careers as emergency medical technicians and become eligible for certification as a nationally-registered EMT-Paramedic.
- The Southern Tier Paramedic Program is a collaborative effort between BCC, Lourdes Hospital and United Health Services. Lourdes Hospital is the NYS Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Services Training Sponsor.
- Program follows the national standard curriculum determined by the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration.
- Program requires a minimum of 600 classroom hours, 560 hospital clinical hours and 440 hours of ambulance ride time.
- Students are eligible to take the Paramedic certification exams upon completion of the core paramedic curriculum.