Excelsior Programs


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I earn a Bachelor's degree from SUNY Broome?

No, SUNY Broome does not offer baccalaureate degrees. But our transfer agreement with Excelsior College makes it possible for you to complete the majority of the coursework at SUNY Broome, then transfer to Excelsior College. The Bachelor’s degree is awarded by Excelsior College upon completion of all degree requirements and payment of required matriculation and graduation fees.

Do I have go to Albany to take Excelsior College classes?

No. Excelsior College does not require students to attend classes on its campus. Classes from Excelsior College are available online from Excelsior and other regionally accredited colleges. An Excelsior College transfer counselor will help you plan coursework that leads toward your degree.

Do credits from other colleges transfer to Excelsior?

Excelsior College determines whether credits from other colleges fulfill degree requirements. We will work with you to get your credits evaluated by Excelsior. SUNY Broome cannot advise students as to the transferability of college credit earned at other colleges.

Can I get financial aid for Excelsior College costs?

As of January 2008, Excelsior College began processing Federal Title IV Aid.  A variety of financial aid programs are available to Excelsior College students including scholarship programs, Veterans Administration education benefits, private education loan programs and several New York State financial aid programs for New York State residents.

How do I sign up?

Academic advisement and more information is available through SUNY Broome Bachelor's Degree Partnership Office. Contact Terri Fadden at 778-5012 or faddenta@sunybroome.edu.