Welcome to the Faculty Information Technology Services (ITS) website
FOR MOBILE DEVICES ONLY: Windows 10 Wireless Connection Issue
Not Connecting to SUNYBroomeConnect
You need to edit the registry in order to correct an issue created by Microsoft in one of their updates to EAP. This seems to effect machines that have been upgraded to Windows 10.
To add these registry values, follow these steps:
1. In the Search bar at the bottom, left of the screen, type regedit then press enter key. Click YES to open the registry.
2. Locate and then click the > next to each subkey in the registry to expand it:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value
4. Type TlsVersion for the name of the DWORD value, and then press Enter.
5. Right-click TlsVersion, (Note: that is T then lower case L) and then click Modify
6. In the Value data box, select Decimal and enter value of 192
7. Restart your PC/Laptop
The ITS Department at SUNY Broome Community College provides students with state-of-the-art technology and services through our open access general purpose computing laboratories. All computers are connected to the campus network for access to e-mail, printing, and the Internet. Open lab hours and a list of scheduled classes are posted on lab doors.
Lab computers have a full suite of academic applications
Wireless access to the Internet is available in designated areas.
A network use policy has been created to provide an environment relative to educational use for students, faculty and staff. Please review and do your part to promote an enjoyable and social atmosphere for all.