Teaching & Learning
Attention BCC Faculty, It is that time of year again! Successful Teaching Conference time is here!
If you are interested in attending the STC, see below, register online, and notify Deena Price at firstname.lastname@example.org that you plan to attend.
The registration fee of $95. will be paid by the BCC Foundation Block Grant. A travel from(obtained will need to be completed and forwarded to Janice Blincoe in Accounts Payable mail route # 86 (Deena can help fill them out).
- Any other costs incurred i.e..motel, meals, travel are up to the department (approved by their Chair) or the individual attending the conference.
- When registering select payment: pay by check option.
- If you register and do not attend your department or yourself will be responsible for payment.
Successful Teaching Conference Registration Opens
Registration is now open for the 17th annual Upstate Successful Teaching Conference, to be held Friday, Oct. 22, at the Doubletree Hotel, Syracuse.
It’s a full day of information, inspiration and ideas you can use, presented “By Faculty, For Faculty!”
- Keynote presentation by David J. Perry and Jean T. Anastasio of APL Associates, on best practices in classroom teaching
- Your choice of 3 workshops from among 15 offered, featuring 28 presenters representing 11 community colleges. Topics include service learning and community engagement, creating course roadmaps, utilizing student reflection, improving student retention, teaching through simulations, Fulbright awards for community college faculty, and much more.
- Eight rapid-fire GIFTS (Gathering Ideas For Teaching Success) presentations
- Food, refreshments, prize drawings, and networking with your peers from community colleges in New York and surrounding states
- All-inclusive registration fee: $95. Many attendees are eligible to use SUNY CPD points to pay their fee.
Seating for workshops is first-come, first-served, so get complete information, download the conference brochure, and register now, all in one brief visit to www.ICCD.cornell.edu.
The Upstate Teaching conference is a presentation of the teaching and learning centers of Broome, Corning, Onondaga and Tompkins Cortland community colleges, the SUNY Center for Professional Development, and the Institute for Community College Development, a SUNY Institute at Cornell University.
Find out more at:www.ICCD.cornell.edu