Frequently asked questions about professional development at SUNY Broome.
- What is PDAP? Funding for professional development opportunities is available through the professional development assistance program (PDAP). These funds are provided by the BCC Foundation.
- How do I get money for professional development? You may apply for PDAP funding at the beginning of the fall or spring semesters. Please see the Assistance Program page for dates and instructions.
- How much funding is available? The amount of funding available depends upon the type of professional development opportunity you are seeking as well as upon your employment status. Please see the Assistance Program page for funding specifics.
- I am a part-time employee. Am I still eligible for PDAP funding? Yes, you are! Please see the Assistance Program page for funding specifics.
- Can adjuncts attend conferences? Yes. You will want to check with your department chair as well as see the Assistance Program page for specifics.
- Can staff attend TRC Trainings? Professional development offerings through the TRC are intended for SUNY Broome faculty and staff. Please see the Offerings and Opportunities page for a schedule of upcoming events.
- What do I do if I need specific training but it is not offered? Please feel free to contact the Professional Development Coordinator and communicate your training needs.
- What if I want to conduct a training? Please feel free to contact the Professional Development Coordinator and she will help facilitate the training opportunity.