Dental Hygiene, A.A.S.
In this degree program, you will develop the skills necessary to become a dental hygienist employed in private dental practices, schools, hospitals, industry, or public health settings. Clinical experiences for this program are held on campus in SUNY Broome’s fully equipped dental hygiene clinic.
This program is designed for students planning to enter the workforce immediately, and for those looking to upgrade skills or change direction. It awards the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and prepares you for transfer to a four-year college if you choose to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
For details of this degree program, click here.
Program Mission, Vision, Goals
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Policies & Notices
- Admissions/Readmission Policy
- Technical Standards for Dental Hygiene
- Chemical Impairment Policy
- Latex Allergy/Sensitivity
- Notice of Criminal Record
Applicants who have Blood-borne Infectious Disease(s)
The SUNY Broome Dental Hygiene Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. They are a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation and by the United States Department of Education.
American Dental Association
Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
- "The Dental Hygiene program at SUNY Broome Community College is very challenging academically and clinically. The clinic is a beautiful, well-maintained facility and a great asset to the community. The instructors possess vast, in-depth knowledge and support you in every way as if you are all that matters to them. I have come through this program with great confidence knowing that I am the most prepared I can be to enter the field of dental hygiene and I couldn’t be more proud to say I graduated from BCC."
Aleta Sinclair – Class of 2012
- "The Broome Community College Dental Hygiene program is phenomenal! The staff is amazing, the courses are hands on, and although it is challenging it is also extremely rewarding. I loved my two years in the program and I couldn't be happier to have been a part of it!"
Brenda Peterson – Class of 2012
- "The BCC Dental Hygiene Clinic and digital radiography lab are absolutely state of the art! The instructing staff will inspire you to be even more than a great hygienist!"
Susan Tiberia – Class of 2012
- "It is my privilege to be part of the SUNY Broome Dental Hygiene Program. The faculty are experienced and dedicated to the success of their students. The clinical facility is impressive with state of the art equipment to ensure a curriculum reflecting the contemporary practice of dental hygiene and provide a high standard of dental hygiene services."
Maureen Hankin RDH, MPH – Dental Hygiene Department Chairperson